Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gunsight Chute

Morning hike started at Alta. Hiked under the Sunnyside lift, crossed the creek and up toward the Greeley bowl. At the base of the bowl I looked down as a large bull moose crossed the open space below me and disappeared into the scrub. Headed south to the base of the Gunsight chute. Just before the snow I looked up on the Greeley side hill and saw a deer watching me. Not much snow but I was already there with skis so what the heck. At the snow I put on my crampons and hiked up the snow. I transitioned to skis and got about 25 turns on the way down. On the hike out I saw another deer bounding across the trail. I now have 22 months of consecutive skiing in the Wasatch mountains.




1 comment:

Jill Campbell said...

Found the button!! Now I can live vicariously through you because you do cooler stuff than I do.